Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Another avenue...

         I should like to begin by saying this is the 4th avenue I've tried to make my art available...Notice I didn't say promote, as I never intend to force my music into anyone's face, as I have always found this sort of advertising offensive. But if anyone out there has a potential for an appreciation of what I do, it needs to be somewhere to be found.

       I first put up  a Yahoo 360 page, with a blog of my personal views and spiritual stories I have collected in hopes that if people found me interesting, that might generate an interest in what I do. It was somewhat successful with a number of people who would follow my writings...Until one day they decided to do away with 360, and "public" pages, converting my page to something that was only available to those who know me personally...That killed that.(These are now available for viewing at tomhawkrevisited.blogspot.com).

    MySpace allowed me to put the 10 songs of my 1st album out where they could be heard, along with a blog about my music & music in general. I've picked up a few "friends" this way, but find it limiting in that I cannot add any more songs without deleting those that are there.

    Facebook was next, and along with it (through a link), Reverbnation. This has some advantages, but their format forces me to put up 2 different pages: a personal, and an artist page. In this they are constantly frustrating me, because they are constantly doing away with any method I find so that social aquaintances can find or be aware that I even have an artist page. They have done this several times, in different ways. As it stands, people would have to purposely hoe through my "links" to find the buried door to my artist page, and then to another link to Reverbnation. I find this unnacceptable.

     So this may not be the ideal solution. But at least I can discuss the problems I face & where I'm going with the music, and maybe a central location where I can direct those interested to whatever avenues I have created or may create in the future....

But enough about me...I would like to post some of my thoughts sometimes (not just about music) where I may be able to connect with YOU. To seek some common ground among those of you who may share a similar view of reality....

No comments:

Post a Comment